Hi dear friend:
Have you considered how different our lives would be if we started the day by being grateful and using the power of gratitude?
"It’s not happy people who are thankful. It’s thankful people who are happy." Author unknown. It is amazing to witness how our life starts to change once we realize that we can use our thoughts in order to change our life and create our reality.
Benefits of being grateful on your self-esteem and happiness
When we are grateful we are appreciating what we have and stop taking things for granted. Studies show that people tend to be healthier, happier and more fulfilled when they are grateful. In addition it helps you cope better with stress and can improve your heart rate.
- You get to train your brain into finding the positive in life. This way you start to change the savour the present moment. When you start noticing or focusing more on the positive things and people in your life or all your accomplishments you become more confident. In addition, you will cope with difficult moments better.
How can focusing on the good things in your life have such a powerful effect?
In the field of gratitude research it is considered as "an emotion that is always directed towards appreciating the helpful actions of other people".1
A total of 12 studies found that interventions to increase gratitude are effective in improving well-being. These included writing a gratitude letter and delivering it in person and making a list of the things they were grateful for on a regular basis.
So, today I want to share with you this video showing another great way to express gratitude. I hope that this video will inspire you to find ways to include gratefulness to your morning ritual.
Start a daily gratefulness ritual
Practice being grateful each morning or night. Take a piece of paper and write down 3 things you are thankful for and happy every day. When you write or think about happy events in your life, you slowly start to rewire or train your brain into focusing on the positive, rather than to dwell on the negative events, things and people in your life.
Do this exercise each for a minimum of 21 days. This is the amount of days it takes to create a new habit.
Love is the force that can heal, transform our lives and bring peace to the world!
Need help rewiring your brain and starting a gratitude habit? I love the Gratitude Journal Mobile App. A really easy to use journal, to keep track of your achievements each day. Be sure to download your Gratitude Journal ~ the original! - Happy Tap
Getting your brain trained to focus on things you can be grateful has a huge impact in how happy you feel!
In addition, in order to help you learn how you can transform your life with the power of affirmations, check out Affirm-a-Life Masterclass, by affirmalife.com in this link.
There are many additional ways for you to work in your self-esteem, I give you some here:
- Start your day with this gratitude ritual
- Practice meditation every day. It allows you to manage better stress and improve focus. Heal and release negative emotions, among other benefits. You can use binaural beat brainwaves to help you enter deep meditative states reliably and easily, reduce stress and to increase concentration.
- How to increase your self-esteem with Mirror work
- And also try to exercise regularly, it affects your self-esteem.
I hope these words of my personal experience will inspire you and that you find this video inspiring!
Register FREE to my newsletter - I will give you inspiration and resources for a healthy body, mind and soul.
PIN IT FOR LATER
Want to share some gratefulness tips that have worked for you, or ask Cristina some questions below?