Is it hard for you to forgive and let go of anger in your life? Many of us have been programmed to think that when something bad happens to us or someone hurts us the normal reaction is to get angry. Hence we keep that resentment, hostility or even need of vengeance inside us, as a way to protect us from the next similar event.
The Power of forgiveness
First of all I want to start by naming some of the benefits that forgiveness brings to our body, mind and soul
- Lower stress levels - Forgiveness helps reduce cortisol levels, we let go of feelings that create stress in our system.
- Fewer symptoms of depression - Research shows that holding on to anger increases anxiety which can lead to depression.
- Increase self-esteem - Forgiving leads to an increase in confidence, especially forgiving ourselves, as it stems from our ability to resolve personal issues.
- Lowers blood pressure - Research has shown that people who practice forgiveness have lower levels of blood pressure.
- Stronger immune system - According to research releasing negative feelings and anger decreases stress levels, which will improve the immune system helping us against diseases.
- Feel lighter, move easier. - Yes, resentment weighs us down. According to research people who hold on to grudges and thought about them before physical activity were not able to perform as good as when thinking about situations of forgiveness.
Healing with forgiveness
One of the best ways for you to heal all the anger and resentment that has piled up throughout the years, includes using this forgiveness ritual.
In addition, this is a powerful yet simple example of one of the many the uses of crystal for healing.
I hope that this ritual can help you forgive, in order to start healing your life.
Forgiveness ritual with Rose Quartz
Rose quartz is the master crystal when it comes to healing heart and emotions. This crystal opens and gently draws out the pain that we keep inside helping restore emotional balance.
Moreover, you can wear a Rose Quartz around your neck to help you overcome the believe that you are not worth it of love and happiness. Due, to all these reasons this crystal is ideal when we want to forgive.
Forgivenss ritual (Based on the book Crystal Healing by Judy Hall)
- Clean your Rose Quartz and then hold it over your higher heart chakra
- Visualize or imagine the person that you need to forgive
- Focus on the unconditional love vibrations that flow from the Rose Quartz and into your higher heart chakra. Then, see it irradiating from your heart towards the other person´s heart.
- Once you have visualized the person and felt this loving energy inside you, repeat out loud: "I forgive you and I accept your forgiveness (Name of the person). I offer you (Name of the person) unconditional love and acceptance. Go in peace"
- Repeat as many times as you need it. Let feelings be released while this healing loving energy enters your body and soul
How to clean your crystal
First of all, it is important to clean your crystals before you start using them. Rose Quartz can be cleansed by holding it under running water and then placing it in the sun for a couple of hours. Another option is to close your eyes and visualize bright light entering your body and that it is radiating the crystal.
How to activate your crystal
Hold your crystal and close your eyes. See it being surrounded by bright white light, then ask that it is blessed and to serve as healer for you at any time you may need it.
How not being able to forgive affected my life
I distanced myself from my emotions as a way to not feel vulnerable. I knew that the key laid in forgiveness and how damaging it was for me to hold on to this anger. I needed to do something to let these feelings out. Just wanting or deciding to forgive was not enough.
There are many additional ways for you to work in your self-esteem, I give you some here:
- How to increase your self-esteem with Mirror work
- Practice meditation every day. It allows you to manage better stress and improve focus. Heal and release negative emotions, among other benefits. You can use binaural beat brainwaves to help you enter deep meditative states reliably and easily, reduce stress and to increase concentration.
- And also try to exercise regularly, it affects your self-esteem.
To help you get more understanding of your emotions and the use of crystal healing, check out Crystal Healing by Judy Hall. She is a well regarded author on the subject. This is a well-written book that includes charts and instructions to use 12 starter crystals, perfect for a beginner in crystal healing.
In addition, if there is one book that I recommend that you read, one that managed to explain in an easy way the power of our emotions and how we can put our responses into a broader context in order to open the doors to our dreams and goals it is The Astonishing Power of Emotions, let your feelings be your guide by Esther and Jerry Hicks. Be sure to pick a copy of the book, here
I hope these words of my personal experience with the power of forgiveness will inspire you and that you find this post useful.
Register FREE to my newsletter - I will give you inspiration and resources for a healthy body, mind and soul.
PIN IT FOR LATER
Want to share some of the rituals that have helped you forgive, or ask Cristina some questions below?